Child Care Center Distance Learning Resources
Our Collection of Resources For Learning From Home
As we all know, life can be uncertain. COVID-19 has changed the way many businesses function, including our child care center. While we have been making a variety of changes to make this challenging time easier for parents and our students, we wanted to gather some distance learning resources for you. These resources can help you teach your little one during this uncertain time and stay connected to our childhood development center from home. These resources can come in handy if we ever experience something like this again and the need for distance learning becomes present again.
At Yellow Brick Road Early Childhood Development Center, we know that this can be a hard time for parents. Be sure to check this page frequently for more updates and additional resources to help you with distance learning.
We are masking up! Our staff wears masks in communal areas and hallways. We currently do not mandate teachers to wear masks in classrooms with their own class (or cohort) to ensure that the children are still maintaining a sense of normalcy and solace at school. We know that masks are important for the health of our community. We also know that facial expressions are a huge part of a child’s learning. We are balancing both aspects at YBR right now with the support of our amazing staff. Thank you for staying outside for drop off and pick up and wearing a mask if you need to enter our buildings for any reason!
Yellow Brick Road is still open to all families. We are taking extra precautions to ensure that we remain a safe space for your child to learn, play, grow, and develop. If you choose to have your child continue to attend our child care center during this time, we would like you to know the extra steps we are taking to keep everyone healthy during this time. Below are some of the things we are doing to ensure this.
- We are still cleaning and washing hands above and beyond normal.
- We are getting lotion for the teachers and kids.
- We will continue to ensure there is no cross-contamination of classrooms and shared areas.
- We ask that only one adult drop off and pick up, and we will staff someone at the main entrance during heavy volume times (7:30 am to 9 am) to help eliminate unnecessary traffic in our buildings.
- Our professional cleaning services have been ramped up.
- We have had management sanitizing in the evenings and weekends as well.
- We ask that you continue to keep your child home if they or anyone in your family display any symptoms. We will periodically check the children’s temperatures in the center as well.
Your child’s health and safety are one of our top priorities at this time. We are doing everything we can to make sure that our schools stay clean, sanitized, and safe for everyone who enters our doors.
Yellow Brick Road and Distance Learning
While Yellow Brick Road is doing everything we can to keep our child care centers open and safe for your children, we know that some people are choosing to stay home. We have been making changes to ensure that your little ones can still learn and follow along with their learning plans and classroom activities. Distance learning can be difficult and we are doing everything we can to make it easier and to ensure that our community stays in touch. Here are some of the things that we are doing to make distance learning simpler for you and your child!
- Distance learning packets sent out every week for your child’s age group and developmental milestones. These include activities for you to do with your child.
- Your child’s teachers will be sending you their learning plans for the week that they will be following the students in the school.
- We will be doing Facebook Live activities. Your child can watch what our teachers are doing in the classroom and enjoy these fun activities from home.
- We will be doing Zoom meetings that allow our teachers, students, and parents to interact with each other. This allows your child to talk to their friends and teachers, and follow along with the fun activities.
- We will be updating our YouTube channel with videos of activities for you to watch with your kids at home. These videos will also include tips for parents that we think can be helpful during this time.
- Every evening at 7:30 pm on Monday through Friday we will be doing our Goodnight YBR videos, where a teacher or staff member will read a bedtime story for your child to listen to. This is a fun way to wrap up the night and keep our community together and feel connected.
Resources From Our Locations
No matter which Yellow Brick Road location your child attends, we want you to have the resources to make distance learning easier and fun. We believe our community is what makes our child care center so special, which is why we are working so hard to provide our parents and students with different ways to stay connected. Each of our locations has its own Facebook page and YouTube playlist for you to follow along and watch videos from your child’s teacher. Find your Yellow Brick Road location and check out their social platforms to stay connected and make distance learning easy and fu
Along with our different locations keeping you updated on different activities and lesson plans through our Facebook pages and YouTube videos, we have also created some fun activities that help keep our community together and your children engaged. Yellow Brick Road has started a Cooking With Kids YouTube playlist and our Goodnight YBR playlist! With these, you can follow along and cook fun recipes with your child and enjoy a bedtime story with us. These playlists help keep our community strong and your child connected.
Thank You From YBR
Thank you for continuing to partner with us as we navigate these challenging times together. This is a serious world issue. We will keep you updated as we get information from the CDC, DHS, and the State of Minnesota. We are here to serve you whether you are continuing to go to work or working from home. We hope that these distance learning resources can help you and your child during this challenging time.
We truly appreciate all the support we have received from our families and are trying to offer you support as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to answer your questions and help you in any way we can.